Sunday, September 13, 2009

Heaven (Randy Alcorn)

from an email October 28, 2007

Let me tell you this... if you have a loved one who you know is going to meet the Lord soon start reading this book now. I was so encouraged as I read this book. It's thick (like 516 pages thick), basically its like a seminary course on Heaven. But wow... it's good!

A couple quotes I want to share:

"Soon you will read in the newspaper that I am dead. Don't believe it for a moment. I will be more alive than ever before." ~ D.L. Moody (pg 31)

SO GOOD. So true! When the day came that I saw the newspaper article for my Grandpa, I thought of this and smiled as I was reminded, "Don't believe this for a moment. I will be more alive than ever before"

Don't let a day go by without anticipating the new world that Christ is preparing for us. (pg 452)

This is something I need to be daily reminded of. How would I live differently if I fully realized Heaven and Hell are two very real places.

(I've only very very briefly touched on the content of the book "Heaven". In it he talks about the Biblical truth that we will work in Heaven, that there will be sports in Heaven, that we won't be married but we will know and recognize each other in Heaven... so many different things. It's a great book.)

No comments: